WISCONSIN STATE JOURNAL ARTICLE--Christmas 2015

WISCONSIN STATE JOURNAL ARTICLE--Christmas 2015
Click to read the article

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Life with SIX- A Mother's Day reflection


Mother's Day Reflections.....today is the day we look to those who gave us life.  For three of my children, I will never know who that was.  So today I reflect on their birth mamas.  I will never know their faces, their names or the reason behind their decisions, but I hold them dear to my heart because they gave me their greatest gifts.  I will never truly know their pain or the aching in their hearts, I can only imagine the grief and pain they will feel as the days pass.  My greatest prayer for them is to know the little ones they so dearly cherished and gave life to are loved in a family.  I pray for them to know the Lord and Jesus as their Savior, for one day we may all celebrate these children lives together in heaven.

Being both an adoptive mother three children and a biological mother to 3 children I cannot imagine the sorrow carried in their heart for these children.  I know we have a long road to walk, and we have many hurdles both emotionally and physically to jump through, but I am so thankful that when the Lord asked Are you willing to follow me and care for these children?  Without a doubt I said  "Yes! Lord SEND ME!"  My reward--- they call Mommy and say I Lube you Mama!
Last weekend we took our first family camping trip to a motocross race for two nights!  We all had a great time.

 Wrestling with our brothers is a sideline activity to the races.........
When you have two sisters, you tend to have a lot of accessories.

 By the end of the weekend this guy mastered the hill on the bike.  He even had his little brother on the bike with him at one point.  Next time we will remember to bring the helmets!
This was her don't take my picture face.  I think it's still beautiful!

                       >>>>>>>>>>>TIME FOR A FAMILY PHOTO<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 All right, let me explain.....Huahua wanted to paint the fingernails of everyone.  And the boys said...Ya ya ya!  So I said do it outside on the deck.  But who would have thought you would have to tell the little boy not to dump the bottle on his foot?





Yep.....he's that kind of child!  The one that makes your hair turn gray.  The things that you never thought they would do, or you would have to tell them not to do!  That's HIM!  



You would never guess it from that sweet little grin..........watch HIM!!!!

Medical Update:  Yes he has a spleen!  Praise God!  All organs are on the opposite side of the body.  Complete Situs Inversus!  Quite unique little man.  He has a heart catheterization set for June 1.


Don't you wish you were that flexible?  You would not need your glasses!  This princess is in need of some cardiac maintenance care.  Will be having a cardio appointment 5/20 and then catheterization soon as well. The hospital suggested we do Huahua's and Feng Yu's Cath's on the same day.  UUUMMMMM.  I may look calm, but not that calm...Two children under general anesthesia on the same day, I think would be overwhelming.  I respectfully declined.

 This is how we started out the 3 hour drive to the races.  Safe and still in our seats.   Then a little nap....
                                                        .....Then some toys..........
                    Dad's hand is there to make sure he doesn't go over the seat on his face!  He would probably just giggle and laugh about it, but our job is to make sure he stays alive!
                      Here's the two pit mechanics....picking a little dirt off the bike for their brothers.
                                                  A little pat of the butt for good luck!
                        Justin you might want to look into getting a larger bike..........
                Besides little man is getting upset, you're on his bike!
                                                          Gotta love that smile!
Nianjie is the clown in the house.  He is also full of emotions and loves to laugh, and also has lots of deep down hurt that overflows into puddles of tears.  He is a sweetheart down to his soul and I ache for his heart and all those that lived for so many precious formative years in an institution.  Six and half years waiting for a Mom and Dad.  He is needy and loving all in one.  Mature, self sufficient, and helpful, yet throws himself down in a toddler tantrum.  All phases of growing he will pass through while in a structured loving environment.  Yes Nianjie you are SAFE.  So if you see an older child flopped down in a grocery store and think why isn't that parent doing something?  Don't judge, don't offer advice, we're allowing them to grieve, process their pain.   I am not embarrassed by their behavior.  I am proud that they feel comfortable enough with me as their parent to melt down.  They trust that I will not harm, hurt or abandon them.   This child has bore more in six years, all alone, than many of us will ever in a lifetime.  So pray for their healing.  Pray for those children left behind who do not have mothers this Mother's day.  Give thanks to the mother's who choose life for their children and respond with love as God did for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment